Polus Center to hire two Boston youth for summer jobs
Thanks to a generous grant from the John Hancock MLK Scholars program, we have two job openings for the summer.
Help 4-6 legally blind job seekers to find job opportunities in the field of their interest and then help to complete online job applications. 20-25 hours per week, at MA Eye & Ear in Boston. Will also help with coordinating training seminars and other duties as required!
Skills & attributes needed:
- Outstanding computer expertise, ability to work quickly, accurately and independently
- Excellent communication skills, strong work ethic, trustworthy
- Ability to know when to forge ahead with the information you've got and when to ask for help
- Critical thinking skills, how to edit resumes to fit open job descriptions
other criteria for participation:
- Must be a Boston resident
- Age 18
more about the job
Interviewing now, hiring decisions to be made by June 15, job starts July 2 and runs through August.
Will also have the opportunity to work with 600+ other youth from Boston at educational forums on leadership, networking, and "building your brand."
People with disabilities encouraged to apply.
If interested, please send your resume to Theresa Kane, email@example.com.